nhottinger

** Solved ** Windows 10 1809 Task Sequence Fails

We just downloaded Win 10 1809 and started to attempt to roll it out (testing) but every time the task sequence fails with unknown errors (0x80004005) at the Apply Operating System Step.  I did some searching and it sounded like the version of SCCM we were on was not compatible so yesterday I upgraded to Config Mgr 1806 and also the 1806 hotfix.  Thought that would resolve the issue but it doesn't.  I copied the original task sequence for 1803 that was working and replaced the OS thinking that would be the easiest way to do it.  Any ideas what might we wrong with the 1809 version?

*Edit, my Network Admin downloaded the ARM version which will not work on our pc's.  Now that 1809 is paused, I'm not going to worry about it anymore.  Until the next version...

I seem to be hitting the same roadblock. Exact same story - made a copy of the 1803 TS and retargeted the 1809 install.wim for the new OS. Fails every time at the applying operating system and there is little in the logs to indicate exactly why. I was wondering if you happened to get this working now the 1809 is back in the wild.