MarkK

INSTALLING AN APPLICATION (TS DEPLOYMENT TYPE) WITHIN A OS TASK SEQUENCE.

I recently setup a complex application with 16 dependencies. I have bundled them into a Task sequence and have created a task sequence deployment type. each application dependency is called by a install package step in the task sequence. the package also includes a program that runs the install command line. i was able to deploy the application to an install collection and have successfully installed it on multiple endpoints. I am very happy with the results.

My previous test was simply pushing software to the endpoint (software center) on previously built windows 10 device.

I now have a new challenge..
i would like to image a new machine and add this application to install as part of the OS deployment. this is a common task and I currently utilize this via a Custom Operating system portal URL. (MDT). the problem I am now experiencing is when the application is called to install during the OS task sequence deployment. it immediately fails. I believe it is because i am currently in a TS env. and cannot create another. is there anyway to suppress this ?

currently you can add a task sequence step in a OS task sequence. but this only seems to work if i call " run task sequence step"

- Environment scope "Global\{51A016B6-F0DE-4752-B97C-54E6F386A912}" has already been created
- Error creating TS environment. Code 0x800700b7
- Task sequence launcher deployment failed!. Code 0x800700b7
- Failed to delete registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\Active Request Handle. Error code 0x80070002
- Failed to delete registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\Package. Error code 0x80070002
- appState: EnforcementFailed
- Install Dynamic application action failed to install application: 'xxxxxxxxxx'. Error Code 0x80004005
- The machine name must be set in an environment variable
- Policy not stored in TaskSequence Environment