StueyT

Deploying the client software to clients managed by Branch server

Question

I have a branch server for our London office, and about 50 clients within that branch server's site code. I want to deploy the client software to those clients, but nothing seems to be happening at all. The clients managed by the parent site seem to have no issues at all...

Any ideas on the first place to start looking here?

3 answers to this question

Is the Branch Site, also a Primary Site? Did you configure Client Push?

Cheers Peter,

The branch is not a primary site, and Client Push has been disabled both at the primary and branch site levels. I don't want client software being push automatically at the moment.

I tried yesterday to install the clients from the console, but taking away the option 'Only install to clients within this site's boundaries'. The clients installed to the branch, but only with the site code of the Primary site. I want these clients to be managed by the Branch server in London...

As the branch server in London is not a Primary, I 'll assume that it is a Secondary Site server. You can only assign clients to a Primary Site. The only thing you could do then is install a Proxy Management Point, to control the load. This means that the clients within the Boundaries of the Secondary Site will send their Inventory etc. through the Proxy Management Point.