scottpineau

SCCM OSD Windows XP Refresh issus

Question

I currently have a laptop with XP and it's in a domain and has the SCCM client. I want to refresh the XP image on it. Not even getting into USMT, how is this done? Everytime I try it fails, is it because after it wipes and formats then lays down the image and then it never gets the SCCM client again? Is it because it's already listed in SCCM as installed from before the refresh? How do I get around that? I can't do a computer assocition as it's already in sccm.

1 answer to this question

So are you just wanting to wipe the machine and lay down a fresh OS? Or are you wanting to back up the user data, lay down the OS, and then restore it? If you're just wanting a fresh OS, then the process for a bare metal machine can be used - boot into WinPE and kick off the deployment.

Otherwise, you might try posting a little more info as to exactly what it is that you're trying to accomplish...