zizebra

Cannot Join Domain

I have followed the steps for Vnext OSD. Apparently everything has gone quite according to the steps except for the portion where the PC must be joined to the domain. That step is failing. Vnext is not popping out any error. When everything is done, the pc is not joined to the domain. How can I troubleshoot this. I have deleted the OS image and task and recreated the task and deployment but the results are the same.

I have followed the steps for Vnext OSD. Apparently everything has gone quite according to the steps except for the portion where the PC must be joined to the domain. That step is failing. Vnext is not popping out any error. When everything is done, the pc is not joined to the domain. How can I troubleshoot this. I have deleted the OS image and task and recreated the task and deployment but the results are the same.

Check,the permissions for domain joining account ? does it have proper rights ?

For troubleshooting domain join issues, can you check the C:\Windows\Debug\Netsetup.log file on the client ?

Thanks Eswar, I had removed the task from my server and recreated it. I removed the capture steps and tested again and this time, the pc was joined to the domain. at this point I am creating another TS again to check if it still fails. If it does, then I will check your suggestion. However I have a question in that regard, why would it fail with any user, if all ordinary users are allowed to join 10 PCs only.

Thanks Eswar, I had removed the task from my server and recreated it. I removed the capture steps and tested again and this time, the pc was joined to the domain. at this point I am creating another TS again to check if it still fails. If it does, then I will check your suggestion. However I have a question in that regard, why would it fail with any user, if all ordinary users are allowed to join 10 PCs only.

By default authenticated users (domain users) can only add 10 machines to the domain. see http://blogs.technet.../18/403817.aspx for instructions on how to change. This is controlled by the "Add workstations to domain" right, which can be found in the security policy under "Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\".

Typically, this would be changed by the sysadmin when the domain is created in order to restrict this right to a specific group, usually "DOMAIN\Administrators. for more info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780195%28WS.10%29.aspx