Shweta

OS Deployment fails

Question

MS_MP_Control_Manager & SMS_Distribution_Manager are marked in Red and i do not have access to start this. Regarding SMS_Distribution_Manager its red as its trying to deploy Visio and its not finding the target or source(this was from long time).

First when i use USMT for data migration after booting SCCM windows comeup and then when it tried to prepare network connection (no log file so i thought it might my rights issue), the machine reboots, so i removed USMT to confirm that rest things are going smoothly, so without USMT when i deployed SCCM goes to some extent and gives an error task sequece failed (log file attached).

When i verified the log file it states that "Internet MP Hostname' is either missing or empty" not found and somewhere it says "Apply Operating System. The system cannot find the file specified". and many other things.

Can you please help me this, have attached the log files for refernce.

smsts.log

1 answer to this question

Reading through the log files I see that it can't find a network driver associated with the MAC address that was supplied. Then there are a bunch of errors saying that it can't find certain network shares and files. Have you successfully tried to image this machine hardware type before? I have some machines where I have to inject the Windows 7 driver for the hardware during the 'Install Operating System' to keep the network connection live.

Unable to find Win32_NetworkAdapter where MACAddress = "78:2b:cb:9b:bc:2d" TSBootShell 7/1/2011 1:42:06 PM 796 (0x031C)

Unable to find adapter during finalization TSBootShell 7/1/2011 1:42:06 PM 796 (0x031C)

No valid network adapter found. TSMBootstrap 7/1/2011 1:42:07 PM 1984 (0x07C0)

Failed to connect to "\\MTASCCM01.LACMTA.NET\SMSPKGD$\S010005F" (1231). Retry in 12 seconds. ApplyOperatingSystem 7/1/2011 1:43:31 PM 504 (0x01F8)

Failed to find an available source location ApplyOperatingSystem 7/1/2011 1:45:09 PM 504 (0x01F8)

Installation of image 1 in package S010005F failed to complete..

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) ApplyOperatingSystem 7/1/2011 1:45:09 PM 504 (0x01F8)

Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) TSManager 7/1/2011 1:45:09 PM 2028 (0x07EC)

Check to make sure that the machine is getting a IP address and the network card is installing properly. If this checks then you may have a DNS issue or there may be a problem with MP but it looks like there could be a few issues.