wanderer

PCs show as no-client when client is installed.

Hi,

I'm using SCCM 2007 R3 on Server 2008 sp2 (32). I'm having problems with PCs that are showing up in All Systems as Client=No. It seems to be related to the way they are discovered. If I have a PC that shows as Client = Yes and then I delete it from SCCM (but leave it in AD), if I run System Discovery or let Delta Discovery take place (without rebuilding the PC) the PC shows up again with Client = 0. Agent Name(0) is SMS_AD_SYSTEM_GROUP_DISCOVERY_AGENT (Time is 13:00.01) and Agent Name (1) is SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT (Time is 13:30.01). I'm confused because from the documentation I thought that System Group discovery only added AD info to PCs that had already been found by another method. Yet here Agent 0 is dated earlier?

However, if the PC is discovered by Heartbeat then the Client=Yes, for example Agent Name (0) is Heartbeat Discovery (time 13:44.09) and Agent Name(1) is MP_ClientRegistration (time 09:54:42).

I suspect I'm missing something obvious here, but I don't understand why System Discovery can't find the client but Heartbeat can. Adding to my confusion is the fact that when a PC is found by System Discovery, even though in All Systems Client = No, in a short time all the apps show in RAP and work OK.

I would greatly appreciate if you could offer any suggestions,

Thanks in advance,

Stephen