jseth

LTI deployment asking for ComputerName 3 times

Question

Sorry---I should have posted this in the LTI forum, not the unattended file forum (although it may have something to do with the unattend file, I don't know). I will post this in the LTI forum.

I am fairly new to Microsoft deployments and have not been able to find an answer to this question. I am using WDS and MDT, and have set up Lite Touch deployments using MDT. The deployment server is on 2008 R2 and I am deploying Windows 7.

In my custom.ini file I have SKIP Computername=NO. This is fine as we want to enter the computer name manually at this time. This was the only input needed, until I added the WSUS server reference and enabled both "Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation) and Windows Update (Post-Application Installation). Now, I am asked for the computer name two more times, (however the computer name I initially entered is diaplayed the computer name box, I just need to click Next).

I am assuming that these two additional times are because the Custom.ini is being accessed prior to both of the Windows Update tasks being enabled, but is there a way to automate this as well? It's inconvenient to have to go back to click Next two more times when re-imaging a large number of computers, and I don’t really know enough to know where to look to remedy this.

I've attached the bdd log if that would be of any help.

As an aside, do I need to have BOTH Pre and Post Application update checked, or would Post suffice?

BDD.log

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet