marlonc1980

Help!; Need deploy Lync 2010 client in unattended mode.

Question

2 answers to this question

The switch you have is correct.

I have Lync 2010 deploying at a site, but I have used the package model to deploy it as at the time I had no exposure to the application model, but looking at it now there should be no reason as to why it should not be able to be deployed via the application model.

There are 2 steps in order for Lync 2010 to be deployed:

• The actual Lync.exe
  • The Lync msiodcli.msi (for live meetings etc)

If you install lync manually on a machine and try to log into it you will be prompted that you need additional software, this can be downloaded from your tenancy.

If you have trouble downloading it have a look at this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2464840

If you download the msiodcli.msi you will have to create a seperate package for it and deploy it after the Lync 2010.

So you will have a package created for LYNC with a program like such: Lync2010.exe /install /silent

You will have a package created for LYNC msiodcli.msi with a program as such msiexec /i "msiodcli.msi" /q /n

By doing the above you should give your end users an unattended install of LYNC that they can use straight away!

There are of course other ways of achieveing this...but this is what worked for me so I stuck with it!

Rocket Man