rmshah50

SCCM 2012 installation - SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER failed to install

Hi All,

I have a SCCM lab setup with the plan to migrate clients from CM2007 to CM2012. I have a Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller and SCCM2007 running on Windows server 2008 R2 and 1 Windows 7 and 1 Windows XP client. I created another Windows Server 2012 VM running CM 2012 on it with SQL server 2012.I was able to install CM successfully accept the Control Manager component. It fails to install the bgisapi.msi. I tried to manually install the msi, but it fails with an internal error as shwon in the attached image. Attached is the log file for MPmsi and bgbisapi. I would appreciate some help and advise.

Thanks!! in advance.

post-19940-0-04898000-1373548626_thumb.png

post-19940-0-02789400-1373548639_thumb.jpg

mpMSI.log

bgbisapiMSI.log

Same here!! Installed a MP a few weeks back with no issues. Now installing another MP on a different server and getting the same errors. Tried on another server thinking I may have a corrupt build and getting the same errors on that as well. Disabled Sophos as well

I was able to get BGB to install by installing the sccm client on the server but now throwing errors in the BGBserver log and will never kick off the MP install. Manually installed the MP to try and help things along with the command line below which went through fine and installed the virtual directories in IIS. However the Component monitor did not recognize this and still reporting could not get current configuration state for component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER. Also in the console for MP_Control component for this server I'm getting access denied errors trying to copy the client files from the SMS provider server to the server running the MP in the SMS\Client\x64 folder, but the computer account has full admin access.

SMS/bin/x64/rolesetup.exe /install /siteserver:[insert sms provider] SMSMP 0

Well in case anyone runs across this I found my issue. Read some posts about people upgrading from RTM to SP1 and the SYSTEM account on the Site Server for the Client folder was removed somehow. My install was a fresh SP1 so figured that couldn't be it, but checked anyway. Sure enough SYSTEM account was gone, added it back with full control, restarted the Site component manager, and MP installed with no issues.