edie209

Copying a file during the task sequence

I am trying to copy a file on the initial install to C:\Program Files I have followed this guide http://blog.configmgrftw.com/?p=332 but it creates a folder C:/Program doesn't copy the file and the task sequence fails. BTW I placed it at the end of my task sequence.

Is this the best way to achieve this? of is there a better way? I don't want the file in my image as it serves for two different sections of my clients.

Just create a package with the file in it and a batch file also.

The batch file will look like this

copy %~dp0myfile.file "C:\Program Files" /y

The run command line for the package program would be the name of the batch file.

OR

Create a package out of the file, distribute to DP and in your task sequence add a run commandline task that references your package and the command line would be:

xcopy ".\*.*" "C:\Program Files" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

• Like 1

The run command line for the package program would be the name of the batch file.

Could you please elaborate some more on this as my task sequence fails on the copy

tasksequence.jpg

and this is my .bat file

if not exist "%1" md "%1"

copy %~dp0Fireworks8P.exe "C:\Program Files" /y

Hi

Crossed wires here. If you are just using package with batch file then the name of the program commandline (my mistake ) would be the name of the batch file but you must make sure that the batch file is present in the package also with your file.

The above screen shot is good only if you add

as the command and not filecopy.bat

You can be assured that it will work! ;)

The task sequence method that you have posted above would be the way to go, as stated just change the copyfile.bat portion to:

p.s send some sun this way!