drewmccabe

Missing Hardware Inventory on Some Clients

We stood up our SCCM implementation about a year ago and have seen a small percentage of clients 5% that do not report a hardware inventory. They pull down the machine policy fine and the heartbeat DDR is also reporting back in a normal time frame. I have initiated full inventory scans using the SCCM Client center tool and I see in the inventoryagent.log file on the client that it sends the inventory up to the MP (there are errors that certain collection tasks failed but that looks like that occurs because they don’t apply SMS_Windows8ApplicationUserInfo for instance). When I look in the dataldr.log I see it processing mifs for unknown computers that get put into the badmif nonexistant row folder that when I open them have the computer name of the pcs that aren’t reporting software inventory. I have looked and there are not duplicate computers that I can easily find and the PC reports normally otherwise (EPP gets updates etc). Here is an example of what I see in dataldr.log

Processing Inventory for Machine: Unknown Version 55.24 Generated: 11/06/2013 07:57:42 SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER 11/6/2013 7:58:22 AM 27140 (0x6A04)

Thanks for any help!

Drew