krish

Issues with OSD - 2 diffrent domains

Question

I have 2 domains .

ABC.com --The primary domain of Organization

XYZ.com-Domain created for testing purpose on a virtual environment

ABC.com has its own DHCP & DNS servers .
XYZ.com(Created for SCCM environment) has its own DNS and using abc.com's DHCP . I have installed SCCM server and other site system roles in a VM .In another VM configured DNS , and AD .
My requirement is to use the DHCP of ABC.com and use DNS of XYZ.com .

I am deploying the OS to new bare metal machine using SCCM PXE boot . the PXE boot image loads fine and after some time it is failing because it is unable to locate the management point. I have opened command prompt. If I do the ipconfig it has got an IP and the "connection -- specific DNS suffix is pointing to ABC.com instead of XYZ.com . I can ping the MP with MP name but not with FQDN . I understood that it is something wrong with my DNS.

As a turnaround for this I have extracted the boot image and added the entry of MP in the Host file and used the modified boot image for deployments. It is going fine now.

Is there any other way to change this behaviour ? can i change any settings in DHCP to look for another DNS?I have tried executing a pre-start command in boot image using Net sh to change DNS suffix . It didn't work for me

Thank you

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet