Jin597

Getting a response from user without an HTA?

Question

First up, forgive me if I missed a post elsewhere. I have been searching around without much luck.

I am deploying windows in an environment where I have various keyboard locales I saw Niall's various posts on doing this with an HTA, but as I really only need to collect the keyboard locale, I am not sure a full HTA is the way to go as I am trying to keep this as zero-touch as possible.

So, my questions are:

1. Is there anyway to auto-detect the keyboard's locale and mapping during the WinPE phase (or other phases)

2. If #1 is not possible, is there a way that I can prompt for locale without an HTA? (my thought here is a VBscript that would popup during PE phase to get the input from user, then set OSDUILanguage and other variables accordingly based on response).

I would prefer option #1 to keep it zero-touch, but if not, #2... and failing that, HTA or individual TS for the various systems.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet