Jump to content


ThomasBNewcastle

WSUS may not be working (I may of fixed this but not sure)

Recommended Posts

Hello

Thanks for reading my post I have set up my own test lab for SCCM R2 and Windows 2012 R2 to learn how to suppprt and to install both - so far I have got everything working - Bar two things (I am posting both issues in separete posts). To make life simple I have broen this down into sections to help give people the right infomaction to help me

 

1. A bit of info about my setup

My test lab has is called thomasnetwork.local

1. Windows 2012R2 DC (Core)

1 Windows 2012 R2 - SCCM Server alos has SQL running (SCCMSERVER.thomasnetwork.local)

2 Windows 8.1 and 2 Windows 7 client computers

 

2. This Issue

When I installed my WSUS rule (using port 8530) I also configured a GP to point to tell my clients to use http://sccmserver.local:8530 in the "Specify Intranet Microsoft Update service location" . I have Sysnc and downloaded my updates from Microsoft website and created a deployent called "Microsoft Software Updates - 2014-07-25 12:12:42 A" and deployed this to my Windows 8.1 computers.

 

Nothing happened. . . . :-(

so I looked at my log files and in the WUAHandler.log I found this

Group policy settings were overwritten by a higher authority (Domain Controller) to: Server https://sccmserver.local:8530 and Policy ENABLED WUAHandler 26/07/2014 19:27:46 1940 (0x0794)
Failed to Add Update Source for WUAgent of type (2) and id ({1983F5C0-9C8D-4C52-A34F-FFC33525F042}). Error = 0x87d00692. WUAHandler 26/07/2014 19:27:46 1940 (0x0794)

 

after a few hours of google the error most of the Microsoft and other posts told me to remove my GP setting and try agin - so I have disabled that GP and one of my windows 8.1 computers started getting updates - but not from the Softwear center but through Microsoft update section in the control panal

but when I look at the setting for Microsoft update I cant change anything. My WUAHandler.log now says

Unable to read existing WUA resultant policy. Error = 0x80070002. WUAHandler 27/07/2014 10:20:27 3268 (0x0CC4)
Group policy settings were overwritten by a higher authority (Domain Controller) to: Server and Policy NOT CONFIGURED WUAHandler 27/07/2014 10:20:27 3268 (0x0CC4)
Failed to Add Update Source for WUAgent of type (2) and id ({1983F5C0-9C8D-4C52-A34F-FFC33525F042}). Error = 0x87d00692. WUAHandler 27/07/2014 10:20:27 3268 (0x0CC4
)

 

so google now tells me to make a GP for Specify Intranet Microsoft Update service location and point it to my sever with the port after it :-(

when I look at my Deployment its still shown 0% and no other info other then "Client check\passed active"

I have attched some client log files to help people help me

 

thank you for you time and help :-)

 

 

post-19648-0-93711500-1406458353_thumb.jpg

post-19648-0-87240800-1406458354_thumb.jpg

CAS.log

UpdatesDeployment.log

UpdatesHandler.log

WUAHandler.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I would remove the information regarding the WSUS server from Group Policy.

 

I think you should only disable Windows Updates from being configured in Group Policy and let SCCM configure/control the update settings. Having a WSUS server specified in Group Policy might confuse the client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...