Gatt

SUP - Clients not getting Udpates

Got a bit of an odd problem here

Setup:

SCCM Server: Windows 2008 R2 SP1, SCCM 2012 R2 CU2, WSUS 3

DB Server: Windows 2008 R2 SP1, SQL Server 2008 R2

Clients - Mix of Windows 2008 R2, Sever 2012 R2, Windows 7 & Windows 8

Problem:

I recently had to rebuild SCCM due to database corruption (In turn due to a faulty VM host)

All went well with the rebuild and all the clients that were on at the time (all servers and 1 Windows 8.1 client) all reported in fine, updates to CU2, got the test App deployment (VLC) and their SCEP clients all updated via ADRs

However.. Not the same story for any client that was NOT ON (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1)

The get VLC, they get CU2, the get the Custom Client Policies, the SCEP definition policies

What they dont get is any updates (the SCEP ADR to be specific)

I have check the logs and whilst WUHandler reports the correct SUP server URL, the WindowsUpdate.log shows the client going direct to Microsoft to get the SCEP definitions

I have tried repairing the clients, uninstalling the clients and removing the SMSCFG.ini and then reinstalling - to no avail.

What I have also noticed that if the Registry Key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate, etc) are removed (either manually or via uninstalling the client, the DONT get recreated in full (ie the key is created along with the AU subkey, but the WUServer values are not created with the SUP URL). If I manually create these then the logs show it is trying to contact the WSUS server, and the UpdateStore log lists a string of available updates. The WUHandler logs also appear normal with no errors anymore

I've attached my windowsUpdate.log - the main error is near the end:

2014-09-08 10:31:23:689 1000 118c Report WARNING: CSerializationHelper:: InitSerialize failed : 0x80070002

But googling just tells me to stop wuauserv and to delete softwaredistribution and a couple of reg keys, and then restart it and reauthorise it - done that to no avail :(

I'm loathed to remove the SUP role as it is working for about half my clients..

Any and all help/advise greatly appreciated....