DaaT

SCCM + SUP and non-Windows specific updates

Question

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your SCCM guides, they've been a great help. I'm doing my 2nd SCCM installation (first was on a separate forest only for building 2008/2012 servers), this one I'm hoping will be used to deploy software, windows updates and WDS. I did an installation on a lab environment, specifically for testing the software deployment part, however for the Windows updates I'm doing this on the live side, though only pointing to one small OU (only 1 desktop and 1 laptop in it) through the AD System Discovery, so no issues with affecting everyone else.

I've set up he SUP for Windows updates, with the SUG and collections (though no ADRs), so my question isn't directly related to that. I'm wondering what's the best way to deploy updates for other products other than Windows? For example, in our current WSUS, we have other products selected such as SQL Server, Exchange, Visual Studio, etc. Is it going through WSUS instead of SCCM? Still use SCCM?

Thanks in advance,

Dan