morrell

Application Deployment in TS OSD

Hi

I've create a task sequence that workings pretty well but got a few things to iron out.

I can't work out why some of the application will not install on the TS, though if the machine is part of a collection they install perfectly.

I'm still quite new to SCCM so slowly getting my head around it.

Cheers for any help in advance

Morrell,

You'll need to provide some details about your situation.

1) What type of package is the application (.msi, setup.exe, etc).

2) Have you created a SCCM package for the application and pushed to the DPs (presumably you have if it installs via collection). What does the program look like for your application package?

3) Have you looked at the smsts.log files at the point it fails to install?

a) recommend adding "pauses" (http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8846-how-can-i-pause-a-task-sequence-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/?hl=%2Bpause+%2Btask+%2Bsequence) in your task sequence before and after the installation step so you can enter the debug mode (F8) and look at the error or manually run the install command to see the result.