FruitGuy

Long time to gain Remote Access

So I've noticed that when I image a machine, it seems to take about 30+ minutes before I can remote to it. As soon as OSD is done and it goes to the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen, I can remote to it. But then I have the user reboot and I can't link to it for about 30+ minutes. I have the user reboot, because I've noticed for some reason, I can't access any network shares until I do.

Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Is the client actually working at that point? It could be it's taking a while to come out of provisioning mode for some reason, if you haven't already you may want to add a step at the end of your task sequence to change the registry keys to bring the client out of provisioning mode.

Since you're finding you have to restart for your network drives to work, have you tried adding an additional restart step at the end of your task sequence?

Alright, I found the issue. The Default Client settings were not something that I got to configure on the front end. I started poking my head around there and saw that the default settings had Remote Tools disabled. Which is why, once it pulled in the actual policy, everything at a later time worked like it should. Sorry for wasting everyone's time, I had assumed something like this would have been setup correctly to begin with.