Lucid

Microsoft Edge HomePageURL

Question

I was kicking ideas around on any way to configure the initial start page of the Microsoft Edge browser within Windows 10 (Education) during OS deployment. Is this even possible? I know it's encrypted and such after the OS is laid down, but you'd think there's a way for us to brand/configure things during initial OS deployment (I'm trying to stay away from modifying the base OS .WIM file).

I took a look at the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer, and there's a setting under Policies for Edge that is "HomePageURL". Anyone have any idea what this thing does? In my tests I can get some of the other settings to appear (I can get my .PPKG provisioning file to create a user account), but this thing doesn't seem to do anything (nor can I configure "AllowPopups" to 1 and have that kick in properly). Am I missing something obvious here? Anyone having any luck manipulating Edge settings during OSD?

Thanks ahead of time!

1 answer to this question

I know it has been a long time since you have posed this and when you posted this I believe the only way was the ICD.

You can use group policy settings these days for the homepage on domain joined devices ^_^

or edit it via the registry....

Group policy requires build 10586 see them here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt270204.aspx

ex. google hompage is <google.com> for that setting for GPO.

Registry edit for that is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Internet Settings" with a value of ProvisionedHomePages type is REG_SZ and data is <google.com>

Hopefully that will at least help you or anyone else trying to get a homepage set up.