surfincow

Modify Configuration.MOF and Importing Inventory Classes trouble

Hello,

Recently had a request to obtain details information about MSSQL installs across the organization. This information isnt collected by SCCM by default so in order to get it, you need to extend the hardware inventory settings.

Originally I found these directions: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/02/21/installed-sql-05-sql08-and-sql12-version-information-via-configmgr-hardware-inventory/but after the query failed to run, I started to search for another option (I eventually got the query to run, it failed originally due to formatting issues on the webpage) and found this http://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger/328-installed-sql05-sql08-sql12-sql14-version-information-via-configmgr-hardware-inventory which is basically the same just updated to include other versions of SQL.

I removed the 3 previously imported hardware inventory classes (administration > client Settings > Default client settings > hardware inventory > set classes) then re-imported the 4 classes in the new article.

I went to run the query again in SQL but it fails with the error: Synonym 'v_gs_sql_property_legacy0' refers to an invalid object.

I'm not sure what the problem might be. Nothing in the DB was modified directly so nothing should have broke. Any idea what might be the problem?

SCCM 2012R2 SP1 MSSQL 2008R2