Vini

Office 2013 updates "on the fly" during OSD? How??

Not having much luck in deploying Office 2013 updates during our TS run.

Our TS installs Windows 7, does a first pass of Updates using the inbuilt "Software Updates" step, it then installs applications. I want to apply the "updates" available in WSUS to the installed applications, so I have configured 3 further "update" passes in the TS, none of these pick up the Office 2013 updates.

The post-app-install command I'm using is;

WMIC /namespace:\\root\ccm path sms_client CALL TriggerSchedule "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000113}" /NOINTERACTIVE

How do you ensure your OSD TS is fully updated during its run?

It's worth noting, that the TS joins the domain early on, so I assume it has our WSUS GPO active... Regardless, the Office updates I want, are approved by our WSUS server...

This has come up before, linking to the old thread. It's referring to a build and capture, but we've used this same thing enable Office updates during OSD - a Package conatining the VBS that runs as a step before the Install Updates step(s).

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/12072-office-updates-during-build-and-capture/