vincelewin

Clients not installing updates.

Hi,

I have a few clients that are not installing updates.

When I look at them in the deployment monitoring node they appear under the grey unknown section and their status is Client check passed/Active but they havent installed any patches since June.

For one of the clients on another deployment it is in an error state "Failed to install update(s) 0x8024400D Same as SOAP_E_CLIENT - SOAP client found the message was malformed; fix before resending."

Does anyone have a definitive guide or can offer me comprehensive advice on how to diagnose patching problems in configuration manager?

Thanks

Vince

I'm seeing the same issue. Some clients reporting compliant however have not installed updates for several months. Now have clients sitting in Passed/Active status under the Unknown tab. I installed KB3050265 on a single computer as suggested on another forum. Didn't seem to fix this issue. I then ran SFC /scannow which fixed a couple of things. Suddenly I started receiving updates and they installed. I hate to even think about running SFC on 2500 computers.... Attached is the CBS log from the computer SFC repaired.

Check this article out.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/e00870c2-74a0-41d8-bce4-41c5d9a5a645/scan-failed-with-error-0x8007000e?forum=configmgrsum

CBS.log