bowlen

Clean install - SCCM Client Service Disabled and CPU 100%

Hey Guys,

I've created a Task Sequence which does a clean install of Windows 7. This is design so people can PXE boot a brand new machine/VM, and it will install the Windows 7 image onto it. I've had it working earlier today and it was fine, but now all of a sudden on the last 3 machines I've tested it with, once it's finished setting up Windows etc, the CPU goes to 100% and just sits there, and the SMS_Agent service is set to disabled. If I try to enable it and start it up, it shows as running until I run the actions through the SCCM Client, which show an error saying the Cycle can't be started, and then the service goes back to disabled.

Any ideas? I literally have no idea why this is happening.

The Task Sequence is attached below.

post-32201-0-02620300-1448948142.png

• Like 1

Hmm, so I've been looking into this. Apparently if I remove the 'OSDPreserveDriveLetter = false' item, Windows installs to D: drive...BUT SCCM Client works. As soon as I set PreserveDriveLetter to false, it installs to C: (which is obviously what we want), but the SMS_Agent service is disabled and the SCCM Client doesn't work at all.

I think you are doing it wrong... Your sysprep image must be installed and captured with OSDPreserveDriveLetter = false

What you should do is: edit the steps on the task sequence where you install and capture the image and add this the step OSDPreserveDriveLetter = false; run that task again, add the new image to SCCM, distribute, change this TS with the new image, but remove the OSDPreserveDriveLetter = false from the TS (that you will use to OSD). That's how I'm doing and it works (windows 7)...

Let me know! :)

• Like 1