bscull

presented with a dialog box to choose a preferred language

Question

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before, but my ninja googling skills have let me down.

I have been following the below how-to trying to customize deploying Language packs via a MDT 2012/SCCM 2012 SP1

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/3251-customising-windows-7-deployments-part-4/

I ran into a number of problems where the ZIPatches_DISM.log file was filling up the X: Drive (scratch disk) and I could not get it to relocated to the OS partition, but once I increased the scratch disk size to 256mb, that resolved that problem. The log file was close to 200mb (don't know why)

The issues I am having now, is the Language Pack (fr-FR) is installing but once Windows starts I am presented with a dialog box to choose a preferred language. Also the Time zone, keyboard etc. are not been applied.

I am using the below Unattend.xml and CustomSetting.ini file for my deployment. I am also setting the unattended Variable in the Task Sequence just before the MDT install Language Pack Offline.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Task Sequence Variable set before MDT install language pack offlice

OSDUILanguage=fr-FR

OSDTimeZone= Romance Standard Time

OSDInputLocale= 040c:0000040c

OSDSystemLocale=fr-FR

OSDUILanguageFallback= en-US

OSDUserLocale= fr-FR

OSD_Variables_added.xml (unattend.xml file)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<InputLocale>%OSDInputLocale%</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>%OSDSystemLocale%</SystemLocale>

<UILanguage>%OSDUILanguage%</UILanguage>

<UILanguageFallback>%OSDUILanguageFallback%</UILanguageFallback>

<UserLocale>%OSDUserLocale%</UserLocale>

</component>

</settings>

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://xxxxx/osd/source-files/windows%207%20ent%20x64/sources/install.wim#Windows 7 ENTERPRISEN" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

</unattend>

CustomSetting.ini

[settings]

Priority=Default

Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]

OSInstall=Y

SkipCapture=YES

SkipAdminPassword=NO

SkipProductKey=YES

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet