frazecdn

Boot Images/Drivers

Hello,

I am running SCCM 2012 R2 and we recently got in a new model of laptop (Dell 3350 Latitude). I was able to package and deploy the driver cab I downloaded from Dell no problem. However, when I PXE boot these laptops, it grabs the IP, loads up the boot.wim and I get to the intial SCCM White OSD screen but before it gets to the Password screen where I put in the PW and then select the TS I want, input the OSDComputer name etc ... the laptop just reboots. Any ideas why this would be happening? I thought from reading some posts I may need to inject a driver into the x64 boot image but I have no idea if thats the case or even how to do that? Any advice appreciated!!

Thank you

It indeed sounds a lot like a missing network driver, but you should be able to see more details in the smsts.log file. If it is the network driver, you can add it by right-clicking the driver and selecting Edit > Boot image.

Thank you for getting back! Sorry, but how do I go about getting the smsts.log file? The machine boots so quickly after it hits the Initial SCCM OSD screen, is there a way to get that file?

And as for adding a driver to the boot image, is it really that easy?? Just right click the Driver>Boot Image and then it "injects" it??? If so...wow...MS usually isn't that easy ;)

On your boot image in sccm, right click, properties and enable a option called "command support". Refresh your DP. This option allows you to press F8 during the imaging process. F8 brings up a CMD window which you can use to troubleshoot. Moreover, if a CMD window is open, sccm will not reboot the machine so you load up your image, press F8, wait for the failure then troubleshoot (as machine wont restart)