rplume

Migrating from WSUS to SCCM patch deployment

Hey all,

We are in the process of migrating around 50k workstations from getting updates via WSUS to SCCM. Although WSUS has it's own reporting, I'd like to figure out a way to get reporting via SCCM but without actually shifting the clients over to getting deployments from SCCM. It's my understanding that if we enable Software Updates as a Client Setting, the clients will no longer look to WSUS for their updates.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

As above simply not possible. I recently did a migration of servers from wsus to sccm. Ensure software updates is enabled. Our group policy was pointing to wsus so i temporarily changed this to point to the sccm wsus instead and ran a software update scan on all the servers. Then 48 hours later changed the GPO back again to point to wsus.

This 48 hours allowed enough time for the servers to send all their update information to the sccm database. Maybe this will suffice for you?