OffColour

Deploy Windows 10 Language Pack NOT during OSD

Question

Hi,

OK, so we have have some laptops in a multilingual office. They're already out there so I'm not bringing them in for a rebuild.

As an example, a PC has language option set to English (United Kingdom). I want a French user to be able to log on, add French in the Language Control panel and download the Language pack.

With straight WSUS, this worked as I could approve the pack and Language would display it as available. With SCCM I've tried creating a deploying a package with the needed language packs in the hope that once it was available, the Language panel would now find it available to download. Not working though and it stubbornly stays as "A language pack isn't available" and the SCCM deployment says the PC is compliant.

Anyone else achieved this? I've found lots on deployment during OSD, but nothing about deploying afterwards.

Thanks

1 answer to this question