BzowK

SCCM: Best Resource / Guide for Configuring Out of Band

Hey Guys / Niall - 

When learning SCCM years ago, Niall's guides were my foundation.  Despite having installed numerous DEV and PROD environments since, I still use the guides for reference.  I'm currently planning on implementing Out of Band for our current Production environment as i haven't ever done so before, yet see a wide variety of guides online for how to do so.  Some integrate Intel's SCS, some a variety of hardware classes, some use two certs, and some use four.

Unfortunately, I looked on the dedicated Step-by-Step Guides page hoping to find a guide for this as I trust Niall's instruction, but couldn't find one.

So - assuming he doesn't offer one, what would you guys suggest?  Do I need to implement SCS and if so, what would be the best guide / steps for me to use (if any)?  Our  prod environment runs SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU4 where we have 1 primary & 3 remote secondaries.  The only other dedicated site servers besides distribution points are a dedicated SQL server for the main database and a WSUS server.  All site servers use Windows 2012 R2 and the majority of clients are HP workstations & laptops running Windows 7 x64.  Models most used are the 800 G1 DM, 640 G1/G2, and similar.

Thanks!