MRaybone

Client Approval Issues...

Question

Hi all,

I've recently been looking at fixing 100 or so of my clients which are showing up as being Not Approved. I've come across a few which show as Approved on the child site, but on the parent site at the top of the hierarchy, the same clients show as Not Approved...?

3 answers to this question

If you have lot of computers which are not approved ,you can simply approve it using the VB script.

Create a collection to get all computers which are not approved with the following WQL query :

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001 on SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001.IsApproved= '0' and SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup = 'ESKON'

where ESKON is my Domain name

Here is the script posted by Brown to approve the the computers for specific collection,download edit the site server,sitecode and collection .It creates a log file with list systesm that are approved.

Approve_clients.txt

If you have lot of computers which are not approved ,you can simply approve it using the VB script.

Create a collection to get all computers which are not approved with the following WQL query :

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001 on SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_CM_RES_COLL_SMS00001.IsApproved= '0' and SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup = 'ESKON'

where ESKON is my Domain name

Here is the script posted by Brown to approve the the computers for specific collection,download edit the site server,sitecode and collection .It creates a log file with list systesm that are approved.

Thank you, I'll take a look at this!!

Hello again... I've only just got round to looking at this properly and I can't help but notice that that WQL query is not a WQL query so doesn't work in a collection/query and the script has no carriage returns so is impossible to interpret... so er, help?