matty3021

_SMSTasksequence is corrupt

Question

Hi,

I have just integrated MDT 2010 into my installation of SCCM 2007 SP2 and now none of my task sequences will work. They all worked prior to the integration. Now everytime it boots into Windows PE, i get the error "The file or folder C:\_smstasksequence is corrupt or cannot be read, run chkdisk." The task sequence does nopt have any variable that I can see that checks this folder and the first task in the sequence is to format the disks after WINPE startup.

HELP!!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

this is an old topic, but I would like to answer it for the future generations :) . I ran into the same problem and I use a VM to test the new images and since you always install/reinstall somehow the volume gets corrupted so the solution is to run chkdsk utility but INSIDE of the in my case VM or on your test machine. So F8 to get into the VM (for the vSphere client!) run "chkdsk c: /f" and watch how the magic happens.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,