walid Zohair

Hardlink Migration never works

Question

HI There,

I am using MDT 2010 update 1 and even testing the new P2V now. howver, since my 3 months testing now to prepare our 1200 machine movement (with heavy oracle applications). i was never successfull even once to use the hardlink USMT migration. I am using the deafult MDT task sequences. Do I need to add any extra lines to any script or define any additiona variables in the customsettings.ini or bootstrap.ini to get it working ?

kindly note my windows 7 Custom Wim always installs a windows with disabled local administrator account and my custum image have an extra account that I use it to log in. no matter howmany times I try to enable the administrator account before i do the capture. and I think that is might be the reason why I always get broken USMT migration.

Your help is highly appreciated as I do not want to go to other third party expensive "head count solution". I got two offers until now and thier pricing is a shock, not mentining the fights I have to go in for the hardware upgrades :).

forgot to mention that for some reason i feel i will be stuck too in using MDt for the windows 7 deployment, which sometimes freak me out when I think I cannt get the hard-link USMT and offline hardlink USMT to work. :)

Thank you for your time,

Walid Zohair

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet