Shweta

Task sequence fails to start while deploying windows 7

Question

You need to be more specific... What steps did you performe? What do you see on the client? Does the client even connect with the server? Etc., etc., etc.....

The client server connectivity is there, i even tried reinstalling client agent and it gets reinstalled.

Steps i followed for deployment:

1.Distributed the predefined bootimage both 86 and 64 bit to DP

2.Add the captured wim in the OS Image and distributed it to DP.

3.Created packages for MS office and USMT 4.0 and ditsributed them too.

4.Created TS using Installing existing image and advertise it.

On client side i do not see anything ,i have also enable the notification option in the TS.

I also tried intiating the User Retrieval and Machine Retrieval policy on client side through the CM console, but

the TS did not start.

Check the smsts.log .is the client healthy? does it have more than 4 policy agents under actions tab in configuration manager applet ?

is the client talking to Management point ? check clientlocation.log and locationservices.log for more info.

Additional info on client troubleshoting you can take a look at here?

Check the smsts.log .is the client healthy? does it have more than 4 policy agents under actions tab in configuration manager applet ?

is the client talking to Management point ? check clientlocation.log and locationservices.log for more info.

Additional info on client troubleshoting you can take a look at here?

I dont know why smsts.log is not gettign created , will check othere log files which you mentioned meanwhile.

Thanks for teh prompt reply.

if the smsts.log is not created,check the agents if all were installed or not also check above said logs like automatic sitecode discovery etc.

There are more than 5 agents installed.The ClientLocation.log didnt show much information though but LocationServices.log showed few warning stating that Unknown task LSProxyMPModificationTask in non-quarantine - ignoring

i also restarted the services mentioned.

LocationServices.log

ClientLocation.log

There are more than 5 agents installed.The ClientLocation.log didnt show much information though but LocationServices.log showed few warning stating that Unknown task LSProxyMPModificationTask in non-quarantine - ignoring

i also restarted the services mentioned.

Logs are correct and no faulty information.is this not happening only for Task seqeunce or for anyother normal package distribution ?

I would check "taking remote control of computer from SCCM doing remote tools "If the client is correctly working or not it ports are allowed.This would lead me the confirmation of client healt (but sill there are some consideration about port issues in remote taking)

Logs are correct and no faulty information.is this not happening only for Task seqeunce or for anyother normal package distribution ?

I would check "taking remote control of computer from SCCM doing remote tools "If the client is correctly working or not it ports are allowed.This would lead me the confirmation of client healt (but sill there are some consideration about port issues in remote taking)

The Task sequence does not start even for normal s/w distribution.Tried taking remote control and it is working

properly.

i also restarted WMI service, but no o/p

The Task sequence does not start even for normal s/w distribution.Tried taking remote control and it is working

properly.

i also restarted WMI service, but no o/p

From the log i found that it was having some problem with one of the s/w package i created i just removed it

from the TS to check and it worked fine and the TS started showing the notfication.

But after some time i get an error 0x00004005 stating that 'Release user state storage.Exceution of task sequence failed' Unknown Error (error:0x00004005;Source:Unknow

From the log i found that it was having some problem with one of the s/w package i created i just removed it

from the TS to check and it worked fine and the TS started showing the notfication.

But after some time i get an error 0x00004005 stating that 'Release user state storage.Exceution of task sequence failed' Unknown Error (error:0x00004005;Source:Unknow

Error 00004005 is Acces Denied. Check this if it helps you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977203/ .can you post the additional info from smsts.log ?