flyinghaggis

OS Install - "No Task Sequences Available to this computer.."

Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to SCCM 2007 having recently inherited responsibility for it. Recently whilst deploying OS installs to PXE boot client computers I've been finding that the install is getting to the point where it's about to start Installing Windows but is generating the following error (if you press F8 and check the build log) :-

Component: TSPxe

Source: tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp:2086

There are no task sequences available to this computer.. Please Ensure you have at least one task sequence advertised to this computer. Unspecified error (error: 80004005; Source: Windows)

The PC then simply reboots without installing the OS,formatting the HDD or carrying out any actions other than the initial PXE boot. I've checked and as far as I can see the task sequences are enabled and assigned to the computers and the certificates are up to date. This started happening about a week ago out of the blue and, AFAIK, we haven't changed any settings?

Can anyone suggest any possible causes for this error and any settings we should double-check as I'm feeling a bit puzzled by it all at the moment!

Just found out that the reason for the above error was in fact due to the site signing certificate having expired :(

I'd checked the certificates list in SCCM itself and hadn't realised that the site signing certifiicate was in fact only listed under "site mode" within site properties (where it's set to native mode).

It's working OK now since creating a new certificate and pointing SCCM at it!

Doh :huh: