HGITS

issues with integrating updates in TS during OS Deployment

Question

Hello All.

I've got SCCM up and running, took me quite a while but was able to do so because of this forum and the WONDERFUL guides that are here. Thank you!!!

I am running into a problem having the TS install updates during the OS deployment. I'm using a Standard TS not a MDTS ( however I do have the tools installed so I can switch over to it if I need to). I've installed and configured SUP correctly I believe... (I do have deployment management and deployment packages set up and been able to successfully have computers in advertised collections install those updates.) I've tried using the "Install Updates Offline" option. <-- This doesnt work regardless of where I put it in the TS. I have read a couple of places that it should be used with a MDTS but I have NOT tried that yet.

I've tried the regular "Install software updates" with the "Mandatory Software Updates" checked and that still errors out. Right now I've got the "continue on error" box checked so it just passes over it rather then stoping the whole TS. I've checked the updates logs on the client computer, but they dont start logging until after the TS is done, so that doesnt help me.

help please? I've run out of ideas.

Thank you

where in your task sequence are you attempting to do this, if it's Install Updates Offline is must be before the setup windows and configmgr step, is it ? in addition you must specify a windows updates pacakge in that step, are you ? lastly just before the Install Updates Offline step you must have a Use Toolkit Package (mdt 2010u1-MDTFiles) step.

eg....

Use Toolkit Package

Install Software Updates Offline

Setup Windows and configmgr

I've just tested it here with windows 7x86 works fine

I was not using a toolkit package... ;( I do find alot of this criptic and suprisingly enough, google does not have a lot of info for some of these errors. I have created a toolkit package by creating a dummy MDTS and specifying a folder to create the Toolkit package to. I now have it in this order:

Use Toolkit Package

Install Software Updates Offline

Setup Windows and configmgr

It looks like it is able to copy all the updates over to the computer, but then it fails copying all the updates to a different folder. I did some searching of the oracle, and the couple of posts that matched my errors were from people that tried manually creating Toolkit package by copying the files to a shared location. I'm going to try recreating the toolkit package and see if that helps.

post-9417-0-80797200-1307024742_thumb.jpg