EvolutionXtinct

AutoDesk AutoCAD 2011

Question

Hello All!

Was wondering if you can help me figure this out.

I'm trying to run AutoDesk AutoCAD 2011 via a RAP. I had initial issues getting it to download the whole 2.9GB due to file length (long story but it causes BITS to fail).

I found through the vendor I can use a .LNK file that has a set of configuration parameters set to basically go to a network share and install the application. But i'm running into the following problem:

1) I can not get a .LNK file to run via RAP

2) I've created a .CMD file that basically does the following:

@ECHO OFF

mkdir c:\autodesk-install

copy "\\esus\package source\AutoDesk AutoCAD 2011\AutoCAD_2011.lnk" c:\autodesk-install

cd c:\autodesk

rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "\\esus\package source\AutoDesk AutoCAD 2011\AutoCAD_2011.lnk"

:_End

For some reason i've gone one step further and taken out the COPY portion and just to see if the .CMD would create a directory but for some reason I get a error stating that its a illegal policy that the files in source do not match what is being downloaded (I assume beacuse of the folder being created)

I would just like to be able to install 2 versions of AutoCAD using this .LNK file, I have searched Google and can not find if rundll32 can be called via RAP.

I've tried running the command:

cmd /c echo rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "\\esus\package source\AutoDesk AutoCAD 2011\AutoCAD_2011.lnk"

as the program line instead of "AutoCAD_2011.lnk" but things fail either as a Bad Environment error, or just a general fail.

Sometimes I'll actually get a success but nothing actually happens which is somewhat amusing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

So what happens if you have the source files sitting locally on the machine? Can you use the shortcut idea to install it from there? Basically determine if it's a problem with the command, or a problem with the files being out on the network.

I'll be honest, maybe my brain is worn out, but I'm not really understanding what it is you're doing. You're copying down a shortcut, and then trying to run the shortcut from your batch file? I think that if you're doing it via a script, you should be able to ditch the shortcut itself all together and just run the command. I'd assume the shortcut is for a person to trigger the install manually...