rokkitt

Unable to select mass storage drivers in package

Question

I am currently adding a new hardware platform to our Windows XP task sequence - HP8460P

I have Imported some new Intel Mass Storage Drivers (Downloaded from HP), they were imported to the “HP8460P” driver package however when I attempt to select the mass storage drivers in the task sequence they are not available. They are visible within the package as "SCSIAdapter"

I have deleted them from the site and then re-imported them but they remain unavailable, I have tried deleting them and changing the class (hdc, SCSIAdapter) but again they remain unavailable.

I have also tried adding them to a different package but they remain elusive.

I am aware of changing the class to make them available but I haven't seen anything quite like this before - they are there, just not available within the "apply drivers" task sequence step. You can see in the attached screenshots - hope I haven't overlooked something simple.

Thanks in advance

Rod

post-7700-0-04907100-1314157411_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

I have now creted a driver package just for these mass storage controllers and imported them as both hdc and SCSIAdapter but still I am unable to select the mass storage driver in the package.

ggrr - so close but so far!!

Not much hair left to tear out!!