waingro

Updates and Forced Reboots

Question

Hi everyone, I am curious what you think the best practices are for deploying updates to workstations but keeping them from automatically rebooting. We have certain workstations that are used 24-7 so we don't need them rebooting in the middle of someone's work, but I need to ensure updates are deployed. We currently have these machines broken out into a separate OU with a no forced reboot group policy applied. My question is will that GPO play nice with the maintenance windows in the SCCM collection?

Some details - we were using WSUS. I've since removed the GPOs pointing to the old WSUS servers so the client will use SCCM. We had a second GPO that enabled the "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations". I'm hoping this GPO will have the same effect on the workstations that it did before. I want the updates to deploy and install via SCCM and I want the little nag message to come up for the user so they will know they need to reboot, but they should never be forced to reboot.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet