Jeff K

Network Access Account - keeps getting locked out

Question

Hello:

i need some help to get my server back to normal. now i realize its a bit of a stretch but its true. nothing has changed that i am aware to and no one has changed anything either. 1 site, different forests all trusted. now no one can use pxe to get images or packages for task sequences, cant get updates or new policies as well as any software packages. i checked everything and it seemed normal but, then i got the error message about the network access account might be locked. when i checked it was, so i unlocked it and bam in a couple of seconds its locked again. so i made a new account and cleared the old account from the client agents. i cant seem to get the account to stay unlocked. i could use some help to keep it that way too. it just a simple domain user. i found the change to the network access account in the hman.log

CPolicySource::HandleSiteControlPolicy: NetworkAccessAccount

STATMSG: ID=5104 SEV=I LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_POLICY_PROVIDER" SYS=XXXXXXX SITE=XXX PID=2608 TID=3100 GMTDATE=Tue Jan 03 21:46:38.952 2012 ISTR0="" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=2 AID0=405 AVAL0="{dd08dba9-5b46-4250-9b73-c87097fa72d4}" AID1=406 AVAL1="{bdfd2739-939a-4e22-b92c-4a3cc2b277fd}"

2 answers to this question

No i just let the old one sit there in AD, locked out, created a brand new one with a different name. then i removed the network access account from SCCM and let it sit overnight, this way i am ensured that all the clients shall recieve it. i did get this figured out took me a bit to get fixed but...........here is what happened

the new account still got locked out. after searching as to why i ventured into the security logs to see and found that some computers were using the new account. i went to google and go altools and used eventcombMT and lockout status and found about 10 machines with the same issue. all using that account and some how giving bad passwords. so i reinstalled it on all of those machines and no more issues, as to why they had a bad password, or how they got it, i dont know.but at least thanks for taking the time to try and help me out with it.