sweety_devil

Problem with USMTUTILS.EXE

Question

Dear all,

I try to delete the userstate folder but I can't.

When I copy manually the command echo y| usmtutils.exe /rd %SystemDrive%\UserState in command prompt it works but when i create a bat file with the same command it doesn't work.I received this error message:

post-3757-0-97157700-1329293106_thumb.jpg

The syntax is not the same.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

I show you my task sequence and the error I received:

post-3757-0-08333400-1329814662_thumb.jpg

I receive this error:

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Delete Userstate) in the group (Restore User Files and Settings) with the error code 2147942402 Action output: inueOnError='' SwdAction = '0001' Set command line: Run command line Working dir 'not set' Executing command line: Run command line CreateProcess( NULL, (LPWSTR)m_sCommandLine.c_str(), NULL, NULL, TRUE, bNT ? CREATE_UNICODE_ENVIRONMENT : 0, m_pEnvironmentBlock, pszWorkingDir, &si, π ), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\core\ccmcore\commandline.cpp,997) clCommandLine.Execute( uOptions, pszWorkingDir, lpDesktop ), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\installsoftware\runcommandline.cpp,558) cmd.Execute(pszPkgID, sProgramName, dwCmdLineExitCode), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\installsoftware\main.cpp,385) CreateProcess failed. Code(0x80070002) Command line execution failed (80070002) Failed to execute command line 'echo y| \\srvfile\groups\everyone\xxxxx\usmtutils\usmtutils.exe /rd C:\userstate' . The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) Install Software failed to run command line, hr=0x80070002. The operating system reported error -2147024894: The system cannot find the file specified.

Which file ? usmtutils.exe ?

The location is good and when i run this command manually it works.

Thank you.