pxedave

App-V app not uninstalling when user is removed from collection(?)

Folks, I'm playing with App-V app deployment solely using SCCM 2012 targetted by user rather than device. Deployment works fine but when I then remove a user from the group I was expecting the app to stop working and/or disapear for that user at some point. I've seen a "Remove this package from clients when it is no longer advertised" banded about (SCCM 2007?) but I can't find such a setting anywhere. Is it me?

OK Peter, thanks for confirming.

Does anyone know how this should work? Is it the case that the App-V app should become unavailable to a user when they are removed from the SCCM deployment collection? Now this setting doesn't exist maybe this behaviour is now default? (In which case I have a problem with my lab). I can understand why this setting was there as it sounds like something most people would want to do...

Simply removing the user from the collection should remove the Virtual Application ....

Based on what infromation are you saying this? It would be really cool if it's possible, but all the releases until now still require an "Uninstall"-deployment.. even for App-V deployment types...

Based on what infromation are you saying this? It would be really cool if it's possible, but all the releases until now still require an "Uninstall"-deployment.. even for App-V deployment types...

Ooh that's not what I wanted to hear. So it's not just me then. I'm now wondering if the developers have removed the "Remove this package from clients when it is no longer advertised" setting from 2012 because they no longer want to provide this feature (or because they had problems implementing it in the first place)...

Fair enough. We plan on having one user collection per app (to perform the install) (for all apps, app-v and msi) leaving users in the collections as required. Assuming we don't get this feature back I don't fancy having to setup equivolent uninstall collections/deployments for every app just to manage tidy-up. Maybe setting this up just for our apps that have tight licensing constraints or monitoring the number of installs and occasionally setting up uninstall jobs might be a good compromise.

I guess this leads on to uninstalling with UDA: I see that I can deploy an app to a user and it will install on their primary device without them being signed on. I would hope uninstalls would work in the same way. And if I rebuilt their primary device, I wonder if it would try and run all uninstalls targetted to the primary user even though the app isn't installed. I bet it would...