Jeremy

USMT "on the fly" from remote machine

Question

I have seen other posts with people who have tried to accomplish something like this but haven't really found an answer -

Requirements:

Transfer USMT data direct from PC to PC to minimize network traffic

Captured data must be as up to date as possible

Cannot interrupt source PC usage to backup data (scanstate must be run in windows)

These are all side-by-side deployments so manually setting up computer associations will not be possible

I am using the Windows Noob HTA (and love it). It is slightly modified to include a drop down for OU selection. I would like to see something like "Old PC Name" and then create a variable from there to use when running the scanstate executable - "scanstate.exe \\%oldPC%"

I'm trying to use PSEXEC to run scanstate.exe from the source PC to create the migration data that I would then copy over to the destination PC but I keep getting an access denied in the SMSTS log for psexec.exe

I have tried running this a bunch of different ways - all after rebooting the PC into the installed OS
using the "runas" a different user - providing domain credentials that has access to all computers
running psexec with the -s (system) switch
running psexec with the -u & -p to specify those credentials for psexec to use
running psexec from either the local PC or the remote PC or a network location

I've attached Im hoping someone reads this that has accomplished something similar already.

psexec_err.txt

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet