lcusson

TS restarting even if it complete succesfully last time

Hi,TS_Restarting.rtf

I've been having a problem for a while and I am not able to find the problem. I've got a TS to deploy the OS and I have a computer in a collection defined with direct membership. My advertisement have no expiration date and I'm asking the TS to Rerun if failed previous attempt (see the attached file).

Even if the TS finish succesfully, usually after some reboot of the computer or after a certain number of hours, the TS start again and deployed another image on the same computer.

It's very weird because in the advertisement's log (see the attached file), after the TS have been completed the first time, the log is really telling me that the adv. will not be run because the previous attempt tu run this program was successful. But after a while, the TS start again anyway.

I want to find the problem because when I fill be in full production, I suppose that I will have the same problem with all my other advertisements.

Thanks a lot,

Lucie

Nial,

I'm positive, I am talking about the same TS & same adv.. Yesterday, I tried another configuration for my advertisement; I put a date & time expiration & activate "Always rerun program" and it had the same effect..

Very weird...

Nial,

I add another part of the PXE Report in the attached file. It's showing you that yesterday at 14:16:28 it execute the first deployment and that this morning at 7;45:31, after the reboot of the computer, it execute the second deployment of the PC. Since then, around 9:48:30, I reboot the PC 3 times and it didn't start the deployment again. But I really think that this afternoon or tomorrow morning, it will deploy the image again...

TS_Restarting.rtf

This screenshot is already in the attached file as the second screenshot. Yesterday, in the morning, I reboot my computer 3 other times between 10:22 and 11:41 and it didn't start the deployment again. This morning, I reboot it once and it also didn't start the deployment. Very weird...

Thanks so much for you help Nialll; it's very appreciated.

Niall,

See the last screenshot that I inserted in the rtf file.

Review: First deployment of the PC on April 3 at 14:16, second deployment on April 4 at 7:45.

According to the collection's properties, "Update this collection on a schedule" was suppose to begin on April 3 at 4:00. If I understand it right, on April 4 at 4:00, it was supposed to update the collection and convert the computer's properties from Active to Obsolete. Am I right? It seems that the "Update collection" at 4:00am didn't happen and that why on April 4 at 7:45, the second deployment happened. Since then, I suppose that the deployment didn't happened because the computer is now Obsolete. Is what I'm saying makes sense?

If this is all right, I a little bit confuse about all the Obsolete (different GUID) and the Active computer's record that SCCM creates at each image's deployment. How should I define my collections that contains a lot's of direct membership computers to be sure that all the software's installation advertisement according to those direct membership collection will continue to work after I deploy a new image on a computer? I would like to know how to properly setup these collections's options: Update this collection on a schedule (active or not), Dynamically add new resources (active or not), Resource class: System Resource?, Attribute name: Name?, Exclude resources marked as obsolete (active or not).

Thanks a lot.

TS_Restarting.rtf