hypercube33

SCCM 2012 RTM PXE Not working

I did the following:

1. import the images and files from my SCCM 2012 RC2 server. All were manually imported (Copied the files, and added them manually)

2. set the boot images up but did not deploy them

3. added the pxe role to the server

4. deployed the pxe boot images

5. setup the OS installer for windows 7

6. set up the task list for windows 7

7. set up the image for windows 7 (captured using RC2)

8. set up a collection target

9 deployed the task sequence to the collection

10. added a VM with static mac to the collection

11. tried to pxe boot

The VM is not getting DHCP on two subnets it should be getting -- in theory i should be getting another error than it timing out like its not on a network at all.

Boot failure. Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

VM is on a Hyper-V 2008 R2 Host.

distmgr.log

Dug around for the existence of PXE logs but cannot find any -- also didn't mention that WDS did not install any of the times I attempted to install SCCM. Not sure where logs would be for that, but I will look and upload them when I get a chance.

Unfortunately, I am pressed for time. This made me blow the whole VM/SCCM server away and start over. Fortunately, this time it is working as expected and I am ahead of where I was a day ago. At least I am getting good at installing it, though I need to learn much more about troubleshooting it.