GolfKingUK

Imaging with SCCM Windows 7 from Vendor Site

I have been tasked to setup a primary site at a vendor so they can image machines, shutdown, ship to site. Ideally, the local tech would turn on and they would continue on there way fairly quickly.

We use SQL (BDD) to determine things like gateway, ADSite, OU, Name, etc etc, mostly gathers by gateway address which determines location etc. Listed below ar esome of the tables, etc.

Database=W7Admin

Table dbo.adsite_info – DefaultGateway determines ADSite

Table dbo.Descriptions – 200 Columns that can be configured, we use some

Table dbo.DriverPathOU – Gathers Model to assign to AD OU, also determined by ADSite

Table dbo.WMIInfo – Gathers MacAddress, SerialNumber, Make,Model, ISLaptop, ISDesktop, ISServer, ISVM, ComputerName, OSDNewMachineName, OSDComputerName, DefaultGateway, OLDComputerNameDatabase

Anyone have any experience of doing anything like this? I'd love suggestions on how best (easiest) way to handle this.

One thought I had was having the vendor setup a gateway address for each site he wanted to build for. This could be added to the custom settings easily enough. Would the machines build successfully from one primary site, even though all of there assignments are to another primary site?

Another though I had was to create a separate DB for each site and a task sequence that set these parameters.. but that seems like alot of work and rearchitecture.. which I'd like to avoid.

Any help/suggestions, etc on how best to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron