flannelfriday

SCEP 2010 Clients not updating

For some reason my SCEP 2010 clients are not updating to the latest definitions. The automatic deployment rule in SCCM 2012 runs correctly and has the latest definitions downloaded and deployed. Here is how everything is setup:

SUP:

Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010

Sync Schedule is at 5AM and 5PM

Automatic Deployment Rule:

Date Released or Revised "Last 1 Day"

Product "Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010"

Evaluation Schedule is at 6AM and 6PM

Deployment: Software available: As soon as possible

Deployment: Installation Deadline: As soon as possible

Client Antimalware Policy:

Check for Endpoint Protection definitions daily at 9AM

Updates distributed from Configuration Manager is first

If I right-click an object in SCCM and click Download Definitions the client gets the correct definitions. But it does not seem to do it automatically.

Thoughts?

check the policy applied on the client, is it the antimalware policy you applied to the collection that this computer is a member of ? also verify that it is getting the correct Client Device settings for that collection

This is a lab setup so I'm just using the "default client settings" and "default client antimalware policy". I did verify it the SCEP 2010 client is using the correct policy (clicked help -> about), it matches what I have in SCCM.

Are there any logs I can look at to see if it is indeed trying to update its definitions?