nry

Remove restart notification?

Hi all, we use SCCM 2012 in a school environment. We have our Windows Updates deployed during lunchtimes to avoid interruption to lessons, however we have not found a way to prevent the pop-up restart messages from appearing once any relevant updates have been installed. So far as I can find, my only option to prevent the messages appearing is to set the appropriate GPO to remove all balloon notifications from the system tray, however I am unsure if this will cause SCCM to reboot the computers without warning, or whether setting this will remove all messages and ensure that computers do not restart until their scheduled time after school hours.

So are you using WSUS? or Software Update Services from your configuration manager console? If you are using the SCCM iteration of this then you should be able to supress device restarts under the deployment properties of the software update.

Under the user experience tab change the following:

1. User Notifications: Hide in Software Center & All Notifications

2. Device restart behaviour, check of both boxes to suppress the system restart on the following devices

Hoep that helps