shawnyuen

Recall Patch Management?

post-18010-0-30650900-1351478279_thumb.png

Hi all,

Lately I have stumble upon a challenge given by my boss. He is asking me to devise a process to cancel off or recall the Windows Software Update on a last minute basis.

Is this possible in SCCM 2012? The closest I could think of is to cancel off the deployment once the patch has been deployed. But this does not necessary mean that the deployment could be kill off policy the moment hit delete right?

Would like to hear from our members how do they do it if you have such requirements from the top.

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

If the update has not yet been installed on the client system, removing the package (and/or files from the DP), would certainly disrupt the attempt to install the update.

After removing the package, you probably would also want to force a client software updates scan to make sure that it knows that the package is no longer available.