Damien

Install / removal pending status on the primary site and branch sites

Hi Guys

Since yesterday( after reboot) when ever we try to distribute or remove a package from DPs on the primary site and branch sites the it always stuck at install pending or removal pending and nothing happens. PXE and adverts all work normaly.

By looking at the distmgr.log only show the activity on one of the branch sites (since yesterday), can't find any entries for the primary site or other branch sites.

Please see the attached file. any idea what its doing? is it the reason why other DPs are stuck and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks.

distmgr.log

I think this is my issue,http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969163

can someone please explain this section here?

Resolution for Cause 2

You can prevent such a scan if you delete RESETISAPI.TRN before SMS_Distribution_Manager can pickup the file - rename distmgr.dll to distmgr.org before the site reset happens.

If the site reset finished by SMS_Site_Component_Manager and you have delete the TRN, rename back the DLL and restart SMS_EXECUTIVE.

Note You can upgrade SMS hidden file ISAPI on all BITS enabled distribution points for example over night by creating RESETISAPI.TRN in INBOXES\DistMgr.BOX directory.