Joe

Multiple Maintenance Windows, but only one defined

Greetings:

I'm running into some problems with my maintenance windows, and I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm overlooking.

I've been trying to find a way to manage maintenance windows in my environment. Initially I was assigning maintenance windows to the collections that provided the software updates (ie, a collection for Windows Updates with a maintenance window, a collection for Office updates with a maintenance window, etc).

I've decided that this is rather confusing and is going to be difficult to tell when a machine has a maintenance window. To resolve this, I created specific collections that do nothing other than provide a maintenance window. This seems the easiest way to manage in my environment. Now, each maintenance window has it's own collection and I can add machines and easily see what the maintenance windows are with a few powershell commands.

At present, I only have one maintenance window defined. I have gone through and removed them from all collections except one. However, using both PolicySpy and Client Tools I see multiple maintenance windows. I have updated the machine policy, but I still only see these multiple maintenance windows.

Is there somewhere that I'm forgetting to look where a maintenance window can be configured?

EDIT: Maybe I'm reading too much into this. I reviewed the built in report "Maintenance windows available to a specified client" and all looks well.